I look forward to launching a new Pregnancy Yoga Programme later in 2021/early in 2022. The page below is under construction, but will give you a ‘preview’ of what is coming soon!!
Yoga can facilitate the empowering, supported and nurturing journey through pregnancy and beyond that you deserve by tending to your body, mind and whole self. Let’s start feeling good!
What are the benefits of Yoga during pregnancy?
- Yoga that is specifically for pregnancy is a safe form of physical exercise that will help your body feel good during pregnancy by decreasing aches and pains and increasing mobility, help build strength for active labour and prepare your body to heal and revitalise postnatally.
- Focusing on breathing is an essential part of yoga and will give you the tools and techniques to relax, feel centred and in control and support the birthing process.
- Learning different styles of meditation provides you with ways to relax and become more self-aware so you feel more connected with your body, familiar with your thought patterns and able to regulate your emotions.
- Classes with others who are pregnant or have already had their baby provides a sense of community and a supportive reminder that you are not alone.
- The yoga postures, breathing and meditation you learn during this programme provides you with wellbeing skills that you can use for the rest of your life!
What is your background as a teacher?
Yoga has been a wonderful fixture in my life for over 12 years and in 2018 I completed my 200hour Yoga Teacher Training (Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga). I love to learn and, since then, have completed my 40hour Restorative Yoga with Mindfulness and Yoga Nidra Training in 2019 and 5hour CPD Accessible Chair Yoga Training (2020). When I began my own pregnancy journey in 2020, I decided to train with Bliss Baby Yoga, completing my 65hour Prenatal and Postnatal Training in 2021. For me, yoga is a passion and an integral part of my life that I am called to share. I teach from my heart.
Ready to Start your Journey? Read the More About Pregnancy Yoga page to learn more!